Dedicated Bankruptcy Representation Designed To Help You Move Forward
Deciding to file for bankruptcy can be difficult and emotional. However, it is really a step in the right direction toward a more stable, secure financial future. A knowledgeable bankruptcy lawyer can provide you with the information you need to understand how bankruptcy can help you.
At the Law Offices of Shai Oved, in the San Fernando Valley, I understand the debt-related stress many people face in today’s society. Bills can pile up, especially medical bills resulting from a health issue, and you may not know where to turn. As an attorney who is certified in bankruptcy law by The State Bar of California, I am highly qualified to assist you in all aspects of the bankruptcy process. I provide my clients with personalized, compassionate representation that is crafted to address their debts and help them overcome their financial challenges. I am here to get you back on your feet.
Types Of Bankruptcy
You can take comfort in the fact that your case will be handled personally by me, a bankruptcy law specialist who handles the two main types of personal bankruptcy:
- Chapter 7: This type of bankruptcy involves the discharge of your unsecured debt if approved by the bankruptcy court. You will not have to repay these debts, though some of your assets may need to be liquidated in return.
- Chapter 13: Chapter 13 bankruptcy is a debt-reorganization type of bankruptcy. Your ability to repay your debts will be assessed, and a repayment plan will be structured so you can become current on your financial obligations.
I also handle some Chapter 11 bankruptcies for businesses that require debt relief.
The Benefits Of Bankruptcy
I work to break the negative stigma of bankruptcy by explaining to my clients the many benefits of filing for bankruptcy protection, including:
- Stopping creditor harassment: Creditors are prohibited from contacting you about any debts once the bankruptcy is filed.
- Preventing or ending wage garnishment: Wages cannot be garnished to repay debts once you have filed for bankruptcy.
- Avoiding foreclosure: Contrary to popular belief, you do not always have to sacrifice your home in bankruptcy.
The financial-management classes you will be required to take as part of the bankruptcy process also provide other information on managing your money in the future and restoring your credit. While the bankruptcy will be on your credit report for a few years, your credit is not ruined. In some cases, financial institutions and lenders may see bankruptcy as you taking control of your situation.
We represent debtors and creditors through all phases of the bankruptcy process, including appeals.
Talk To Me About Your Options
For more information about how I can help you with your bankruptcy case, get in touch with my office today to get started. Call me at 818-293-7999 or contact me online. A limited phone consultation is usually free, and I offer in-person bankruptcy consultations for a reduced rate.
My firm is a debt relief agency. I help people file for bankruptcy relief under the Bankruptcy Code.